Web Froth

October 6, 2010

Image Credit: Wireimage

I know it, you know it, people in third world countries know it, but her parents-eh, not so much.  Let’s face it, Miley Cyrus is headed down the same path that Lindsay Lohan has already stumbled down.  Seems Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus have a case of Dina Lohan-itis, and have been soundly denying that their daughter is in any sort of trouble.  Until now. Deceiver reports that the two have finally caught a clue, and are becoming concerned.  Let’s hope that’s really the case.

Keira Knightley looks absolutely stunning with her newly shorn locks.  I normally don’t comment on such things, but damn, good move. People

Have you noticed how Netflix’s recommendations are getting really specific?  Right now I can proudly say that it is recommending Violent Serial-Killer Thrillers for me, as well as Gory Documentaries, so clearly it knows what it is doing. However, it is getting a bit ridiculous.  Here, College Humor has some recommendations that are way to specific.

I absolutely, positively guarantee you that this is the best “Congrats on a baby boy” card you will ever see.  Lookee–>I Heart Chaos

Neiman Marcus is preparing for their ridiculous Christmas catalog, which always features frivolous and unnecessary things. In the past, they have featured $200,000 dinners and actual jets you can buy.  This year, there is a life sized (4 ft tall) gingerbread house you can buy. Now I have to try to circumvent my kids seeing that, because that is what they will ask Santa for, and Santa can’t afford $15,000 for a goddamned house made of candy. Neatorama

Did you wake up this morning and think ,”I sure would like to see a bunch of pictures of monkeys smoking today.”  Well, you are in luck.  Your welcome.  Holy Taco

Tim Gunn admits he contemplated suicide and struggled with his homo-sexuality.  Good for him for sending a message to teenagers who might be going through similar hard times.  I think it is admirable that someone who is so powerful within the fashion industry share his story.  It just goes to show, you never know what you can make of yourself, and that everyone is here for a reason. We need more celebs to admit that they faced the same trials and tribulations as everyone else.  Hollyscoop

Finally, in WTF is the world coming to news, Chelsea Handler and 50 Cent are allegedly dating.  That just broke my brain, and I can’t write anymore today. Allie is Wired

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “ Web Froth ”

1. davis on October 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm

This is such a stupid article u people know nothing

2. chris on October 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm

miley is cool and she won’t end up like lohan because she is a christian

3. arnie donellean on October 6, 2010 at 3:49 pm

she is awesome and will never end up like lohan

4. jake on October 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm

miley is a sweet heart and ppl r just stupid for making stuff up

5. will on October 6, 2010 at 3:51 pm

this is stupid she is sweet

6. Turkish Yoghurt on October 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I would probably be going off the straight and narrow myself if I performed in my underwear, too, and I sympathize with all those celebrities, because Madonna robbed women of their dignity as artists by fundamentally requiring female artists to expose themselves to a cold and uncaring public. If Miley really fucks up then we are talking about a fucked up world. You could have 9/11 all over again and everyone would be like, so what.

7. Shannon on October 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm

@ Turkish Yoghurt The point is, 17 year olds shouldn’t be performing in their underwear. I agree, I would be a stinking mess if I was in that business, too.

8. Shannon on October 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm

@Will, @Jake @Arnie, @chris Pipe down, I think you are all missing the point. I sincerely hope each and every one of you is correct, and she doesn’t pull a Lohan. However, the past year her behavior/clothing and other choices have been questionable, and more fitting of someone over 21. My problem is with the parents who let this go on.

Lindsay was cute and sweet as well, and it didn’t insulate her from being chewed up and spit out by the entertainment industry. It’s been tragic. I hope it doesn’t happen again, but Miley’s parents need to nip it in the bud.

Relax, I am not attacking your precious Miley.

9. [...] Cyrus' Barneys Retail Romp The Gossip GirlsIs Miley Cyrus The Next Lindsay Lohan? OneindiaImage Credit: Wireimage FrothygirlzCelebuzz -X17 Online -One News Pageall 37 news articles » [...]

10. bostonbetty on October 11, 2010 at 11:24 am

Ha ha! Looks like commenters 1-5 were linked to your post from TigerBeat.com or Nickelodeon.com. (Yeah and the run-on sentences with no caps didn’t tip me off either). My dearest tweeners: Of course you think she’s sweet. You have no concept of what is age appropriate for someone older than you. Now haul yer tweenie butts back to the kiddie table and leave the adults to chat amongst themselves.

11. Shannon on October 11, 2010 at 11:29 am

@bostonbetty Wait-did you actually just provide a voice of reason? Ha! I thought the same thing. Thanks for reading (and commenting)

12. emily on October 12, 2010 at 8:57 pm

chris, arnie, jake & will are all the same person, haha. each comment is a minute apart. nice try “boys”

miley sucks/is a slut/can’t sing/has no talent. deal with it.

13. Shannon on October 12, 2010 at 10:08 pm

@emily You’d better watch your back. The tweens will be coming after you.