Project Runway Recap

August 28, 2009
On Lifetime, celebrating Pinot Grigio in the early afternoon

By Renee

Top 3 Project Runway Episode 2 Moments:

project-runway-…-0709bsc4251)    Designing for Pregnant Women. I love how clueless the designers were when it comes to designing clothes for women who aren’t walking coat hangers. Because really, who doesn’t want to look like a walking bowling ball or chicken?  My favorite moment from this week’s episode, the scene where the designers were all trying to place the pregnancy pad up around the rib cage; because if the movie Aliens taught us anything, it’s that parasites love ripening in a gal’s chest cavity.

2)    And speaking of bowling bags and chickens. WTF?! Chicken thighs in the form of jophurs!?! Bowling bag-esq dresses that highlight your huge pregnant stomachs!?! Come on designers! These are not hard choices to make “Do I make my gorgous model look like a chicken or don’t I?” “Do I highlight my obscenely pregnant client’s tummy or don’t I?”  Whatever happened to just making beautiful clothes?

3)    Where in the world is Micheal Kors? Long-time Project Runway judge Michael Kors was absent this week, my guess, he was away on maternity leave.  Or maybe at some industry home for wayward expecting mothers. Don’t’ worry Michael, we’ll still love you, even with some bastard child!

7 Responses to “ Project Runway Recap ”

1. anncine on August 28, 2009 at 7:54 am

If I ever start a band, I am going to call it “Bowling Bags and Chickens.”

2. pancake on August 28, 2009 at 8:14 am

Nicely played Renee!

3. Renee on August 28, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Haha. Can I play cowbell?

4. anncine on August 28, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Yes you may play the cow bell….there is never enough of it.

5. Radge Bassart on August 28, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Michael Kors was in hiding, having fathered each of the unborn babies in this episode and now trying to avoid paying any palimony. You wouldn’t think that Kors would be as fertile as that, but that leathery, flushed skin hides many secrets.

And bowling balls? HOT. Come on, Renee. You know that in your heart.

6. Rebecca on August 30, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I thought I was the only one that thought the mother hen/egg thing was weird at first…but no, it was just creepy. I think that was a great challenge for the designers because hmmm…most women do not wear a size zero and aren’t six feet tall with no breasts. Let’s see them design for REAL women. By the way, how about a review on Top Chef?

7. Dayanna on September 18, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I could not believe they did not eliminate Mitchell Hall! WTF! hes pretty sucky and it was his second screw-up!