Mad Fun with Mad Men

August 16, 2009

By Renee

Oh Dyna Moe, I heart you!

In honor of the Mad Men Season Three premiere tonight, I decided to head over to and Mad Men Myself (please refer to the hottie in the pink dress over yonder).  Maybe it’s the clothes whore in me, but this cyber game of anima dress up is AWESOME.  You get to pick everything from your body type and hair color, to fun 1960’s accessories like martini glasses and cigarettes and black opera length gloves.

After I’d spent WAY too much time scrutinizing the arch of my avatars eyebrows, I decided to do a little bit of investigating using my “online researching skills” (otherwise known as “cyber stalking skills”, otherwise known as “googling”).  And that’s when my world was rocked, by discovering Dyna Moe and her amazing Mad Men illustrations.  Not only does her flickr page contain funny and dramatic and poignant illustrations from each episode of the award-winning show, there are also JOAN PAPERDOLLS!. That’s right, you heard me, my new paper doll collection just got a whole lot sexier with the addition of Season One Joan and the slightly sadder, but still hella sexy, Season Two Joan. Oh the adventures Joan and Lafayette will have!

So tonight, while you’re impatiently waiting for the 1960’s era shenanigans to start, keep yourself entertained with some Mad Men goodies.

6 Responses to “ Mad Fun with Mad Men ”

1. Radge Bassart on August 16, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Now I’m torn between my love for you and my love for paperdoll Joan. DAMMIT!

2. Renee on August 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm

It’s ok. I know you love Joan more.

3. Radge Bassart on August 16, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Can you blame me, though?

4. Renee on August 16, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Alas I can not, I too love paper doll Joan. *le sigh*

5. carol on August 17, 2009 at 7:26 am

My rambling thoughts: The reviews and information in these articles are mind-expanding for me! I love finding a new websites. The hottie in the hot-pink dress does seem to bear a striking resemblence to Renee!

The 60′s connection in this website is timely, indeed – with this weekend being the 40th anniversary of Woodstock! What a world/life changing experience for those lucky enough to have been there and and a vicarious thrill for those of us who weren’t in the “mud and madness”, to see the multiple documentaries that have been made about Woodstock.

Renee, keep on giving us more!

6. Online Episodes on December 16, 2009 at 6:59 am