True Blood Paper Dolls

August 14, 2009

By Reneelafayette-paper-doll

I don’t know about you folks, but when I was a kid I had a massive collection of paper dolls.  Don’t get me wrong, I loved my Barbies, but paper dolls had their own special charm; my Jem dolls were day-glow awesome in all their 1980’s glory while my 1930’s paper dolls were cool sophistication at it’s best.  Right about now I wish I still had that hot pink box full of paper dolls, I’d have a whole new set of dolls to add to the collection.

Illustrator Andy Swist has created downloadable and free (yes I said, FREE) True Blood paper dolls for your fan fic pleasure.  Lafayette and Pam are the first two characters to get the Swist treatment, but new characters are supposed to be added weekly.  The Lafayette doll is a tall drink of water complete with lavender capris and a fanny pack, while Ms. Pam is sitting pretty in a Burbury suit.  Now if only Pammie had come with her own Fangtasia outfit!

Editor’s note–Illustrator Andy alerted us to a contest that he and “Buzz” from campblood.org are holding.  Take fun pics of your dolls and submit the photos!  You can read his whole post in the comments below, but here is a link to the contest.

9 Responses to “ True Blood Paper Dolls ”

1. anncine on August 15, 2009 at 6:13 am

Oh..this is awesome.

2. Renee on August 15, 2009 at 1:35 pm

OMG. Shannon you FOUND the Jem paper dolls! They were SO cool.

3. Your biggest Fan on August 16, 2009 at 11:42 am

These are not the paperdolls that I remember. I too have fond memories of playing with paperdolls. You had so many outfits to choose from and switch around. But back to these dolls- what’s he doing with that spatula?

4. Rebecca on August 16, 2009 at 12:06 pm

5. Renee on August 16, 2009 at 12:52 pm

He’s getting ready to smack some rude redneck in the face with it! Clearly!

6. Radge Bassart on August 16, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Smacking rude rednecks? What IS this filth they’re allowing on television these days?

7. Renee on August 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

You love it! Dont lie!

8. Andy on August 17, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Hey there folks! I’m the illustrator, Andy Swist, who is making these. In case you don’t know… my partner-in-crime, “Buzz” over at CampBlood is holding a contest with these dolls every week. The idea is to take these paper dolls and take fun pics with them at your office/ work place. Send in your photos via email to: buzz@campblood.org and check back the following week to see who won! Here is a link for more about the contest: http://campblood.org/Newblog/?p=150

Sorry about the initial limited options for clothes, but I’ve only got a limited space on the page for each character. I will probably release additional outfits for these dolls at a later date. In the meantime… Feel free to go crazy: Use glitter, ribbons, etc. to customize and make them your own. :)

If you’re a big True Blood fan, you might also get a kick out of a video blog (vlog) that Buzz and myself put together called, BloodWork. Here is a link to last weeks vlog: http://campblood.org/Newblog/?p=96

Enjoy! :)

9. Eldon Neshem on July 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm

True Blood, the best tv show ever